Re: [ft-devel] cubic clean up

From: GRAHAM ASHER
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] cubic clean up
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2010 13:49:34 +0000 (GMT)

Aleksei,

you really shouldn't be annoyed. My earlier patch was shown to be inferior to
David Bevan's, and I was obliged to accept the fact. The only possible criteria
are objective ones: does it work? is it faster? is it simpler? I believe David
has shown using objective arguments that the patch should not be included.
That's not a run-around. It is a courteous consideration of your suggestion,
and
you should be grateful for it.

Also, you don't help your case at all by remarks like "I think I can get though
to this guy..." and "It's only you and me who understand these conditions."
which are at best patronising and at worst impolite.

Best regards,

Graham