[ft-devel] Re: FT_MAX_CURVE_DEVIATION vs ONE_PIXEL cont'd

From: Алексей Подтележников
Subject: [ft-devel] Re: FT_MAX_CURVE_DEVIATION vs ONE_PIXEL cont'd
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2010 22:24:45 -0400

On Mon, Nov 1, 2010 at 2:44 PM, Werner LEMBERG <address@hidden> wrote:

>> Ok. I'm resending the non-intrusive patch as an attachment. The
>> intrusive harmonization of the conic and cubic splines is to follow
>> in a separate thread.
>
> I'm going to apply your patch.  However, you are changing ONE_PIXEL/8
> back to ONE_PIXEL/4.  Is this intended?

Yes. This exactly corresponds to 2.4.3. The quality in 2.4.3 is good
(see previously communicated images). This also makes sense because
dx can be as much as *double* the distance from the control point to
the center of the chord.

I just want to go back in line with 2.4.3 and use it as a stable benchmark
for my future patches.