Re: [ft-devel] Invalid Preprocessor directive: #include FT_FREETYPE_H

From: RustyBucket
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] Invalid Preprocessor directive: #include FT_FREETYPE_H
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2010 16:09:50 -0700 (PDT)

Werner LEMBERG wrote:

>> I got the paths with
>> `freetype-config --cflags' and `freetype-config --libs'
>>
>> Then I added them to my Eclipse Project options.
>> Is this the wrong way to do? How is the correct one?
>
> It is the correct way; I only mean that you shouldn't add the values
> manually but use code like this within your makefile:
>
>   freetype_cflags = `freetype-config --cflags`
>   freetype_libs = `freetype-config --libs`
>
>   CFLAGS += $freetype_cflags
>   LDFLAGS += $freetype_libs
>

>     Werner

Old Post.. sorry but I really need some help.

I am cross compiling for ARM cortex M3
codesourcery lite
GDB
OpenOCD

I am trying to link a compiled FreeType library file with my simple
application.
I have com
I have put these lines directly into my makefile as per above post
But I get errors !!

-here is an exerpt...

-----------------------------
IPATH=.
IPATH+=drivers
IPATH+=/inc
IPATH+=/
IPATH+=/FreeType/include

freetype_cflags = `freetype-config --cflags`
freetype_libs = `freetype-config --libs`

CFLAGS += $freetype_cflags
LDFLAGS += $freetype_libs

#
# The default rule, which causes the uart_echo example to be built.
#
all: ${COMPILER}
all: ${COMPILER}/uart_echo.axf
${COMPILER}/uart_echo.axf: c:/Freetype/objs/libfreetype.a

etc, etc
---------------------------------------

Build errors:

**** Build of configuration Debug for project uartecho ****

make all
arm-none-eabi-gcc: reetype_cflags: No such file or directory
arm-none-eabi-gcc: reetype_cflags: No such file or directory
arm-none-eabi-gcc: reetype_cflags: No such file or directory
arm-none-eabi-gcc: reetype_cflags: No such file or directory
  LD    gcc/uart_echo.axf
C:\StellarisIDEstuff\CodeSourcery\Sourcery G++
Lite\bin\arm-none-eabi-ld.EXE: reetype_libs: No such file: No such file or
directory
make: *** [gcc/uart_echo.axf] Error 1

Please Help !