Fw: [ft-devel] Re: render error after "ftgrays: Speed up rendering of sm

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Fw: [ft-devel] Re: render error after "ftgrays: Speed up rendering of small cubic splines."
Date: Fri, 03 Sep 2010 14:39:05 +0200 (CEST)

It seems that this mail didn't came through...

    Werner
--- Begin Message --- Subject: Re: [ft-devel] Re: render error after "ftgrays: Speed up rendering of small cubic splines." Date: Sun, 29 Aug 2010 10:54:12 +0100 User-agent: Thunderbird 2.0.0.24 (Windows/20100228) I enclose the files supplied by Stefan (surname unknown). But I cannot load the PFB file. FreeType fails in t1parse.c when loading it:

    /* Check that we have a private dictionary there */
    /* and allocate private dictionary buffer        */
    if ( parser->private_len == 0 )
    {
      FT_ERROR(( "T1_Get_Private_Dict:" ));
      FT_ERROR(( " invalid private dictionary section\n" ));
      error = T1_Err_Invalid_File_Format;
      goto Fail;
    }

I *can* however load the OTF file and am just about to start trying to find the problem using it.

Best regards,

Graham

Werner LEMBERG wrote:
I'll have a look at it when I have time - probably at the weekend. I
must say though that I did not make this checkin.  Although the
change is due to a suggestion of mine, someone else made the change
and 'kindly' attributed it to me.

Hehe.  Your patch looked convincing, and I haven't experienced
rendering problems yet.

Can you supply the font file too?

Yes, please send the PDF (or the extracted font of it) and the screen
shot to the freetype-devel list too.

StartFontMetrics 2.0
Comment Generated by FontForge 20080430
Comment Creation Date: Wed Aug 25 18:47:59 2010
FontName Helvetica-Condensed-Light
FullName Helvetica Condensed Light
FamilyName Helvetica
Weight
Notice ( The digitally encoded machine readable software for producing the)
Comment  Typefaces licensed to you is copyrighted (c) 1985, 1987, 1991, 1993,
Comment  Adobe Systems. All Rights Reserved. This software is the property of
Comment  1997 Adobe Systems Incorporated and its licensors, and may not be
Comment  reproduced, used, displayed, modified, disclosed or transferred
Comment  without the express written approval of Adobe.
Comment
Comment  The digitally encoded machine readable outline data for producing
Comment  the Typefaces licensed to you is copyrighted (c) 1981, 1997
Linotype-Hell
Comment  AG and/or its subsidiaries. All Rights Reserved.
Comment  This data is the property of Linotype-Hell AG and/or its subsidiaries
Comment  and may not be reproduced, used, displayed, modified, disclosed or
Comment  transferred without the express written approval of Linotype-Hell AG
Comment  and/or its subsidiaries.
ItalicAngle 0
IsFixedPitch true
UnderlinePosition 0
UnderlineThickness 0
EncodingScheme FontSpecific
FontBBox 32 -14 350 566
StartCharMetrics 1
C 115 ; WX 389 ; N s ; B 32 -14 350 566 ;
EndCharMetrics
EndFontMetrics

--- End Message ---