[ft-devel] Re: a flag making FT_Open_Face() to use fallback family name

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: [ft-devel] Re: a flag making FT_Open_Face() to use fallback family name
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2010 09:21:26 +0200 (CEST)

> In previous post, I proposed a patch to expose the tricky font list
> to FT2 client, to check if the font is tricky by its name before the
> creation of FT_Face object:
>   http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/freetype-devel/2010-08/msg00018.html

Thanks for working on this!  I like the idea of registering the
checksums.

> I've tried another idea to reduce the additional code size: [...]

Again, I have no opinion on this.  The smaller the code, the better,
of course, but it should be convenient to use, too.  Please proceed as
you like since you are in contact with the poppler people.

> Or, should I use FT_Face_Attach function for TrueType?

I believe that your current solution is more appropriate.