Re: [ft-devel] rasterization without sorting

From: GRAHAM ASHER
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] rasterization without sorting
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2010 00:57:24 -0700 (PDT)

I think using #ifdefs is a good idea for the moment. Also, there are two
semi-obvious ways to make the optimisation even better, and I want to try to
implement them:

1. Pre-calculate the width of the array, to avoid calculating it in every call
to gray_record_cell.

2. (This is the big one). Use a variant of the TCell structure without x and y
fields, making it half the size; thus twice as many cells can be stored. X and
can be calculated from the array index inside the new version of gray_sweep.

Graham