Re: [ft-devel] inconsistently dropping sub-pixel features

From: Ken Sharp
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] inconsistently dropping sub-pixel features
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2010 08:22:38 +0000

At 08:08 20/03/2010 +0100, Werner LEMBERG wrote:

Can you provide a font which I can use to do some debugging?  Which
parameters shall I use for, say, ftview?

Hi Werner, this is a PostScript font, not a TrueType, and as usual it depends on using Ghostscript as the FreeType client, so I can't easily do this. The problem is that all the matrix transforms and so on are created to fit the GS requirements, it would be difficult if not impossible to recreate these rather exacting conditions elsewhere.

However, I did notice while reading ftraster.c that it can be built stand-alone without the rest of FreeType (I hope that's not just a legacy comment ;-)

So what I plan to do is create a *very* simple test harness that feeds in the problematic numbers, and debug my way through the code. Assuming that works, would that be OK to pass along to you ? I should probably open an issue at Savannah if I do that I guess.

                    Ken