[ft-devel] Just thanks to all who work on Freetype

From: Andrew Milne
Subject: [ft-devel] Just thanks to all who work on Freetype
Date: Thu, 1 Oct 2009 22:52:32 -0400

This is just a short note of thanks to the developers, especially the
mad geniuses who put together the portable cache stuff.

I just recently completed a major overhaul of font support in a Java
VM for the PSP (PSPKVM). Major issue on the platform is: being a
portable, there's only so much RAM. And we had a lot of demands,
considering--Chinese users wating glyphs by the tens of thousands,
especially...

Handling it was a snap with the portable cache. Once I had 2.3.9 built
for the platform, the rest was practically boilerplate. Call through
the cache, and it's all good...

So again, just thanks. This lib is a thing of beauty.