[ft-devel] Fw: "CMap Resources" open source project

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: [ft-devel] Fw: "CMap Resources" open source project
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2009 18:43:39 +0200 (CEST)

I've just received this letter from Ken; you might be interesting in
reading it.

     Werner
--- Begin Message --- Subject: "CMap Resources" open source project Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2009 07:24:37 -0700
Werner,

I would like to let you know that we just launched the "CMap Resources" open source project at Adobe, which puts all of our CMap resources under a more favorable open source license. Note that I excluded the Adobe-Japan2-0 CMap resources, because they have been in deprecated status ever since Adobe-Japan1-6 was released to completely cover JIS X 0212-1990.

Anyway, you can get the details here:

  http://opensource.adobe.com/wiki/display/cmap/

When you have a chance, please notify the appropriate people in the open source community about this. I know that some of them have been asking us to provide our CMap resources under a more favorable license, and for them, that day has come.

With best regards...

-- Ken

--- End Message ---