Re: [ft-devel] Parameters of cache subsystem seem not working

From: Maggy Anastasia
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] Parameters of cache subsystem seem not working
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2009 17:28:01 +0800

First of all,  Thanks Werner, the problem is solved now. I did make a mistake in calling
FTC_ImageCache_LookupScaler(..., anode); passing non-NULL anode and never calls FTC_Node_Unref(anode, manager), making the glyphs  in the cache to be persistent and will never be deleted. This is specified in the API reference. Sorry, I missed that part.
Another problem of mine still remains. It is related with FTC_Manager_RemoveFaceID(). When I called this function to delete a specific font face by passing the corresponding FTC_FaceID object, the cache manager deleted ALL the face nodes instead of the specific node corresponding to the intended font face.

I checked the implementation of the function FTC_Manager_RemoveFaceID(face_id, ...), on the freetype source code ftcmanag.c. Function FTC_MruList_RemoveSelection() calls and pass NULL FTC_MruNode_CompareFunc function pointer to  FTC_MruList_RemoveSelection().

Since the CompareFunction is NULL, inside the function FTC_MruList_RemoveSelection() all the faces stored in the cache is deleted, instead of just a specific face corresponds to face_id. Any of you have some knowledge on this?

I'm currently using Freetype 2.3.7. I am looking forward to your advice and help. Many thanks in advance

best regards

Maggy Anastasia

On Fri, Aug 28, 2009 at 3:06 PM, Werner LEMBERG <address@hidden> wrote:

> I would like to consult with you regarding cache subsystem.  [...]

I'm not familiar with the cache subsystem, and David is usually very
busy and doesn't answer emails, sorry.

My advice: Check the source code of the `ftview' application which
uses the cache subsystem, and activate FreeType's memory debugger (see
docs/DEBUG) if necessary.  In case you experience the same problem of
an ever-growing cache or memory leaks, it is a bug in FreeType.