AW: [ft-devel] Autohinter only works for unrotated text (testing patch)

From: Thomas Geier
Subject: AW: [ft-devel] Autohinter only works for unrotated text (testing patch)
Date: Thu, 28 May 2009 09:56:40 +0200

I've applied the patch and can confirm that the autohinter is now used for
rotated text (in 90° steps). Our application doesn't allow slanting, so it's
just rotation.

The load flags are:
FT_LOAD_MONOCHROME | FT_LOAD_RENDER | FT_LOAD_TARGET_MONO

Notice that the 0° version differs from the rest in unpatched.png and that all
rotations are looking equal in patched.png. I'm not sure about the presence of
native hinters, though.