Re: [ft-devel] FreeType 2 repositories moved to git

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] FreeType 2 repositories moved to git
Date: Sun, 15 Mar 2009 08:15:19 +0100 (CET)

>> URLs for anonymous read-only access:
>
>>   git clone git://git.sv.gnu.org/freetype/freetype2.git
>>   git clone git://git.sv.gnu.org/freetype/freetype2-demos.git
>
> Does this mean that going forward, patches should be submitted using
> git format-patch?

Yes.  However, I still want to continue the use of proper ChangeLog
entries for code and (larger) documentation changes: This enforces the
committer to exactly describe the modifications.

In other words, the commit log message should be (basically) the same
as the ChangeLog entry.  Note that for the sake of the git system, the
first line should be a short sentence (this is, not longer than about
80 characters, and closing with a full stop), followed by an empty
line.  This is in contrast to most of the current commits in the
repository due to the conversion process of CVS to git.