Re: [ft-devel] Position Independent Port of FreeType2

From: Mickey Gabel
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] Position Independent Port of FreeType2
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2009 12:27:23 +0200

Werner LEMBERG wrote:
I'm suspicious whether most FT2 maintainers find any worth to modify
FT2 fitting to RVCT.  Because, BREW is quite different from most FT2
developers are working for, and they cannot get free SDKs and
emulators.

Basically, I don't object.  We are already using many, many macros :-)

If few people decide to work for you, unfortunately, you have to
modify FT2 code by yourself.  The only thing FT2 maintainers can do
is a review for your patch and comment if it's applied to CVS /or
not.

Yep.  Provide a set of diffs together with proper ChangeLog entries,
using the same formatting as the other parts of FreeType.  To avoid
extra work I suggest that you provide a first, simple case study how
such macros should look like.

Of course I will do the work. That's what I meant all along!
I just want your help in designing/reviewing the proposed change before doing all the work, so that I can give our client a good estimate on how much work it would all entail (they ARE paying for this, after all...)

I'll make a small case study as you suggested and send some diff files your way (should I just post the diff files as attachment to this list? or what?)

Mickey