[ft-devel] Atari/PureC port status

From: mpsuzuki
Subject: [ft-devel] Atari/PureC port status
Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2008 03:38:03 +0900

Hi all,

On Fri, 28 Nov 2008 15:14:46 +0900
address@hidden wrote:
># I guess builds/atari/FREETYPE.PRJ has similar issue, its
># modules are not updated since its introduction in 5 years ago.
># Nothing to say, the volunteers' efforts are required to
># guarantee the correct building & the functionalities, but
># I wish if the update of "project files" can be done without
># spending volunteers' sparetime.

After posting this, I had a luck to access to Atari emulator
with PureC compiler. As I supposed, the project file for PureC:
FREETYPE.PRJ does not fit to the current source tree. For example,
autohint.c in it is no longer existing, it should be replaced by
autofit.c. Also I'm not sure why ftmm & ftbbox are listed without
.c suffix.

        ;FreeType project file

        [snip]

        ..\..\src\base\ftinit.c
        ..\..\src\base\ftglyph.c
        ..\..\src\base\ftmm             <---- ???
        ..\..\src\base\ftbbox           <---- ???

        ..\..\src\base\ftbase.c
        ..\..\src\autohint\autohint.c   <---- update by autofit.c
        ;..\..\src\cache\ftcache.c

        [snip]

Anyway, current FREETYPE.PRJ is useful as a skelton. I could
build FreeType2 by new FREETYPE.PRJ attached to this message.
At present, ftgzip.c could not be built correctly because
zconf.h could not prepare appropriate conditionals for Atari
(maybe). I will fix it.

Also I attached the warning messages by PureC - in it, too
many warnings are issued for gxvalid modules. It should be
improved too.

Anyway, yet I've not prepared ft2demos for Atari. When I can
build ftdump and check the functionality, I will report and
propose the update of Atari ports.

Regards,
mpsuzuki