Re: [ft-devel] freetype bug

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] freetype bug
Date: Fri, 05 Sep 2008 09:46:03 +0200 (CEST)

> Thanks for taking time to read my mail and I write to you for help
> about the Freetype library.

Please write plain text emails; it's far easier to read and answer for
me than reading HTML-formatted emails.  Your email is both plain text
and HTML, but the plain text part is badly formatted.

> But the problem is sometimes the program calling functions in
> freetype would run into an endless loop or can not access invalid
> pointer.

It's hard to track this without having input.  Can you provide the
font and the used parameters for calling the rasterizer (font size,
offsets, etc.)?  According to the backtrace you've sent, the problem
should be reproducable with a call to FT_Outline_Get_Bitmap.  Maybe
you can write a small test program which just calls this FreeType
function (with proper initialization, of course), and which you feed
with the corresponding input data.

In case the font is proprietary, please send it to me privately, or
use FontForge (or any other font editor) to just extract the
problematic glyph.