Re: [ft-devel] Convert glyphs to/from CIDs?

From: mpsuzuki
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] Convert glyphs to/from CIDs?
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2008 06:43:12 +0900

Hi,

On Wed, 25 Jun 2008 14:17:25 -0700
Derek Clegg <address@hidden> wrote:
>Sorry, I meant "glyph index" _ I want to convert from CID to glyph
>index and vice-versa.  I need to do this because there are cases where
>I need to work directly with some raw tables in the font, but these
>are always keyed by glyph index.

Excuse me, could you tell me what is "glyph index" in your context?

According to Adobe TechNote #5014, in CIDFontType0, CIDMap interprets
CID number into 2 numerical values: FD Index and GD Value (see Figure
3). FD Index is an index, but GD value is an offset, so I'm not sure
these are what you expect. If the font format you're think of is not
CIDFontType0, please let me know.

Regards,
mpsuzuki