Re: [ft-devel] Compile Error in VS2005 while trying to compile Freetype

From: Pierre Joye
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] Compile Error in VS2005 while trying to compile Freetype 2.3.5
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2008 00:06:18 +0200

Hi Nupur, Werner,

On Thu, Jun 12, 2008 at 2:15 PM, Werner LEMBERG <address@hidden> wrote:
>> I was using Freetype 2.4.1 till now.
>>
>> Now I want to upgrade to Version 2.3.5.
>
> Hoho!  Version 2.4.2 doesn't exist.... and you should upgrade to
> version 2.3.5, released a few days ago.
>
>> \freetype-2.3.5\include\freetype\internal\ftobjs.h(33) : error C2006:
>> '#include' : expected a filename, found 'identifier'
>
> You have to disable precompiled headers.
>
>> Is there any project setting that has to be taken care of in
>> VS2005.
>
> Look at the VC project files which come with FreeType.

Alternatively I maintain a set of libs for our needs in php (we just
began, work in progress). I added project files or makefiles for
vc6/8/9, there is still a couple of flags I like to change but they
seem to work well:

http://pecl2.php.net/downloads/php-windows-builds/source/

Pre-built libs are available in in the php-libs directory (one upper).

Cheers,
--
Pierre
http://blog.thepimp.net | http://www.libgd.org