Re: [ft-devel] Documentation fix (FT_Driver_ClassRec)

From: Ian Britten
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] Documentation fix (FT_Driver_ClassRec)
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2008 13:42:31 -0300

Werner LEMBERG wrote:
PS: Sorry to say, but lifting ftdriver.h to be a public API won't
   be part of release 2.3.6 but rather 2.3.7.

Ouch!  :(
[ BTW - I assume you know this, but I seemed to need ftobjs.h too ]

Oh, oh, this must not happen!

Ya, I was fearing something like that ...  :P
[ I remember how much work you guys went through to hide all that
stuff, and thought it strange that you seemed so willing to move
it back public...  ]

Can you post your driver to this list so that we can have a look at
it?  This is, remove all stuff which actually does something with your
proprietary data and leave the skeleton.  This probably helps more
than anything else.

Ya, shouldn't be a problem...
[ Conceptually, at least.  They're in C++ though, so the result
probably won't be compilable by a C compiler, but I'll see what
I can come up with... ]

I've actually got 2 drivers - I'll start with the simple/dumb
one first, and maybe the complex one won't be needed...

I guess the actual release number isn't of as much interest as the
date/timeframe.  Do you have any rough estimates of when 2.3.6 and
2.3.7 might be released?  I couldn't seem to see any sort of roadmap
or release schedule on the website anywhere...

Well, 2.3.6 had to be released immediately due to security issues
(which will probably announced within a month or so).

I think that 2.3.7 will be released in autumn.

Ya, I saw that after posting...  (Gotta learn to catch up on the
postings *before* replying!)
Autumn seems so far away, given how close I've gotten, so I might
try to discuss some short-term hack/patch jobs until then.  However,
that can be a different discussion, once all the issues are
discussed

Ian