[ft-devel] Query regarding Windows True Type Font.

From: prasanna Kumbhare
Subject: [ft-devel] Query regarding Windows True Type Font.
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2008 19:17:23 +0530

Hi,

I am working on True Type fonts (Windows). In my application I want to
manipulate TTF fonts and I don't want to use Windows API. User will
enter String with height and width for the string n application will
display entered string with height and width. I have studied the TTF
specification which is available on Microsoft site. But I facing some
problems while extracting TTF font tables. How glyphs are stored? what
is instruction? what is the role of the interpreter?
I didn't get table called 'glyf' (Glyph Data Table). I didn't get
purpose of following fields 1)'Instructions' and 2) 'Flag[n]' Field.
According to the document 'Flag[n]' is an array of flags for each
coordinate in outline; 'n' is the number of flags. But I don't known
how many coordinates are there.

What should I do to implement this task.

Please help me.

Thanks & Regards
Prasanna.