Re: [ft-devel] Left bearing in Dynalab DFHsm5.ttc true type font is not

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] Left bearing in Dynalab DFHsm5.ttc true type font is not taken in account
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2008 09:06:32 +0100 (CET)

> +        /* In case bit 1 of the `flags' field in the `head' table isn't */
> +        /* set, translate array so that (0,0) is the glyph's origin.    */
> +        if ( ( face->header.Flags & 2 ) == 0 && loader.pp1.x )
>            FT_Outline_Translate( &glyph->outline, -loader.pp1.x, 0 );
>        }
>
> If I reverse the change on CVS HEAD, the behaviour will be that
> Boris expected. Werner, could you inform us the buggy fonts that the
> change was written for?

There's a discussion on the FreeType developement list, starting here:

  http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/freetype-devel/2005-06/msg00085.html

with some replies in June, July, and August.

I have no opinion to that.  Maybe I was to eager to support this
broken font...  I don't mind to revert my patch in case this is a more
`sane' behaviour.