Re: [ft-devel] Understanding Type1 fonts

From: Donn
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] Understanding Type1 fonts
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2008 11:49:41 +0200

> FreeType doesn't care about additional data in afm/pfm files, it's
> applications and users who care. For instance a decent typesetting
> application must require reasonable metrics and kerning data to be
> available for professional fonts.

Oh, now that you mention it, I recall that Freetype does not do the
rendering - I suppose that's down to Pango and others.

So, I take it you would advise that the corresponding metric files should be
in the same folder as the glyph files?

Am I right to assume the links are:
PFB --> PFM
and
PFA --> AFM

What other types should I be supporting if I want to say Fonty Python has
Type1 support?

\d

--
I have a low-traffic blog for basic news:
http://otherwiseingle.blogspot.com/