Re: [ft-devel] Incomplete cmap table for platform 0 (Apple Unicode)

From: Dmitry Timoshkov
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] Incomplete cmap table for platform 0 (Apple Unicode)
Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2007 18:24:02 +0900

"Werner LEMBERG" <address@hidden> wrote:

Following is a function whose API is similar to FT_Select_Charmap()
but ignores non-Microsoft cmap subtables. Does it serve your
purpose?

Suzuki-san,

I think my quick fixes already serves Dmitry's purposes.  Your special
code is thus not necessary (and honestly, I don't think we should add
such a function).

I agree here that there is no need to introduce some kind of a special
purpose API to Freetype if an application can do that without much effort.
I've sent a patch to Wine which does something similar to what Suzuki-san
suggested to use.

Also thanks for adding a quick fix and the clarifications to the docs.

--
Dmitry.