Re: [ft-devel] Obtaining CID-specific info from an FT_Face?

From: Derek Clegg
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] Obtaining CID-specific info from an FT_Face?
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2007 09:24:18 -0700

On Jul 7, 2007, at 11:34 AM, Werner LEMBERG wrote:

I'd like to get access to some of the CID-specific info (for
example, the Registry/Ordering/Supplement triple) from an FT_Face.
I understand how to do this using internal headers/structs, but that
seems fragile and not the best way.  What would be the correct way
to do this?  I'd be happy to add some functions to get at this info,
but I don't know the best way to proceed.  Is there something
similar that I can model this on?

I suggest a `service'.  Have a look at the stuff in
include/freetype/internal/services.  An example of service access is
given in src/base/ftbdf.c.

Thanks for this info. I've gone the path you suggested and added a "CID" service. At present, it provides access only the Registry/ Ordering/Supplement for CFF CID fonts. What's the best way to integrate in the FreeType sources (assuming you're interested in it)? I can post a patch in the usual way through the bugtracker at savannah, or follow any other process that's more convenient. It's not a huge diff, so a patch might be sufficient.

Thanks for your help,
Derek