Re: [ft-devel] Memory problem?

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] Memory problem?
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2007 05:54:05 +0200 (CEST)

> When I use FT_New_Memory_Face, the phenomenon is more obvious than
> FT_New_Face.  I have enabled the built-in debugger, and traced those
> message, I don't know how to determine where the leak:

What you've enabled is the normal debugger, not the memory debugger!

You should enable

  #define FT_DEBUG_LEVEL_ERROR
  #define FT_DEBUG_LEVEL_TRACE
  #define FT_DEBUG_MEMORY

in ftoption.h, then running your program with

  FT2_DEBUG_MEMORY=1 <your program>

It might also help running valgrind on your program (provided you are
on a GNU/Linux box); maybe something similar exists for Windows too...