[ft-devel] RE: regression: 't' and 'h' in Arial Narrow are no longer ren

From: Graham Asher
Subject: [ft-devel] RE: regression: 't' and 'h' in Arial Narrow are no longer rendered correctly
Date: Mon, 21 May 2007 10:32:45 +0100

Dear FreeTypers,

(I'm sending this again because my earlier message seems not to have got
through, probably because of its HTML format with embedded pictures. I now
attach the before-and-after image as a PNG.)

There is an apparent regression between FreeType 2.1.4 and FreeType 2.3.4. I
enclose before and after pictures of Arial Narrow (ARIALN.TTF dated 12th Nov
'98, supplied with Windows XP, size 134,200 bytes).

To recapitulate, I have narrowed the regression down to a change to
ttinterp.c some time in 2007 - after revision 1.86 of that file.

Best wishes,

Graham Asher