Re: [ft-devel] glyph rendering issue in CVS version

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] glyph rendering issue in CVS version
Date: Mon, 09 Apr 2007 07:01:40 +0200 (CEST)

> Okay, so I installed current CVS version (should I call it 'HEAD'?),
> and there's this wide glyph width problem: glyphs like 'm' or
> Russian 'ы' are being cropped.  Or maybe not cropped, I'm not sure
> how to describe the thing, see attached images:
>
> en-2.3.1.png - normal 'm' with freetype-2.3.1 in Firefox
> ru-2.3.1.png - normal 'ы' with freetype-2.3.1 in Gajim
> en-CVS.png   - cropped 'm' with freetype-CVS in Firefox
> ru-CVS.png   - cropped 'ы' with freetype-CVS in Gajim

It's not tahoma, it's tahomabd!  Here an even more extreme example.
Say

  ftview -r 100 -m 'overkill/ultimate doom' 11 tahomabd.ttf

Then press `f', followed by `L' twice to get the attached image.

David?  In case you can provide a quick fix today, please do so.  I'm
going to release 2.3.4 today evening.

    Werner

PNG image