Re: [ft-devel] Minor misc patches to freetype cvs, from custom changes i

From: Sean McBride
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] Minor misc patches to freetype cvs, from custom changes in vtk
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2007 15:23:37 -0400

On 3/24/07 1:48 AM, address@hidden said:

>64bit-x86 Carbon will be provided in future

Yes.

>it is possible that ppc64 Carbon is still missing in future.

No.  Apple has already said that 64 bit Carbon will be for both Intel
and PPC.  See:
<http://www.apple.com/macosx/leopard/64bit.html>

>Thus, unified conditional __LP64__ for current status may be
>disunified in future, aslike
>
>#if defined( __ppc64__ ) || \
>   ( defined( __x86_64__ ) && MAC_OS_X_VERSION_MIN_REQUIRED < 1050 )
>
>I will rewrite the conditional without unification by __LP64__.
>Please wait a few days (now I'm in duty-trip without Macintosh).
>
>However, I remember configure checks Carbon framework availability,
>so I wish building FreeType2 on 64bit Intel Mac 10.4.x won't cause
>such problem. You had problem?

VTK does not use freetype's configure system, instead VTK uses CMake.  I
did not try to build freetype as x86_64 on 10.4.

Sean McBride, B. Eng                 address@hidden