[ft-devel] Minor misc patches to freetype cvs, from custom changes in vt

From: Sean McBride
Subject: [ft-devel] Minor misc patches to freetype cvs, from custom changes in vtk
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2007 17:49:08 -0400

Hi all,

I have been working on updating VTK (www.vtk.org) from freetype 2.1.9 to
the 2.3.2.  It has gone pretty smoothly, thanks in part to the detailed
changelogs you guys keep, thank you!

There are a few changes the VTK people and I made and I am submitting a
patch to this email for your consideration.  The patch is against today's CVS.

1) builds/unix/ftconfig.in
 - minor Mac fix, test against __LP64__ not __ppc64__.  There are also
64 bit Intel CPUs.

2) builds/unix/ftsystem.c
 - fix compiler warning about 64 to 32 bit conversion.  Also make sure
file is not so big that the cast to 32 bit will lose data.  A better fix
would be to make 'stat_buf.st_size' a ssize_t, I didn't try that because
it may have wider implications.  But this patch is better than nothing.

3) include/freetype/config/ftstdlib.h
 - fix compiler warning

It would be great if these could be added to 2.3.3.

Thanks,

Sean McBride, B. Eng                 address@hidden