[ft-devel] [Freetype2] About Unpatent-Hinting

From: 우상봉
Subject: [ft-devel] [Freetype2] About Unpatent-Hinting
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2007 08:10:26 +0900 (KST)

Hi.

I'm developing an application using  Byte Code Interpreter in FreeType 2 .

I've found about Apple Patent in Byte code Interpreter in  Free type2 and have read how I can avoid from the Apple patent issue.

There are some questions came out while I was reading about the Patents.

First,

I wonder if it is true that I can avoid the patent matter by using these define-options;

#define TT_CONFIG_OPTION_BYTECODE_INTERPRETER

#define TT_CONFIG_OPTION_UNPATENTED_HINTING................ in src.ftoption.h.

Second,

I couldn't clearly understand when I look at the source code how unpainted_hinting can avoid the Patent issue.

Could you explain more in detail?

Lastly, I want to know what types of roles does "Delta Instruction" play and what does it stand for?

It will be very helpful if you could answer me.

Thank you.

Best wishes

Hamish woo.

 나만의 스타일, 나만의 인터넷   하나포스 http://www.hanafos.com