Re: [ft-devel] LCD Filtering changes

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] LCD Filtering changes
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2006 15:24:35 +0100 (CET)

> These are all cool stuff.  I just want to request that FreeType be
> released more regularly.  Preferably, separate stable and devel
> branches should be maintained.  There are lots of serious bugs fixed
> in FreeType CVS that are not in any release, and lots of other
> changes that are not stable enough for a release.  This makes
> downstream maintenance of FreeType quite a tedious task compared to
> other packages like the Gtk+ stack.

We are aware of that, but most of the time it's just David and me who
work on FreeType.  Right now David is changing jobs which in
consequence means moving to a different continent.  I have other
projects to maintain also, and answering email normally eats up most
of the time I can afford to FreeType.

With other words, we need helping hands.