[ft-devel] TrueType bytecode interpreter enhancements

From: David Turner
Subject: [ft-devel] TrueType bytecode interpreter enhancements
Date: Sat, 26 Aug 2006 08:47:49 +0200

Hello everyone,

I've commited last week some "improvements" to the bytecode interpreter in order
to get rid of some of the remaining differences with the Windows rendering
engine.

I've only tested it "by hand", i.e. by comparing the results produced with
previous
versions and known defects, which means I'm still unsure if the CVS code is
correct
or if it did introduce regressions.

In order to make real testing, I'm trying to write a small Win32 program that
compares the output of the GetGlyphOutline function with FreeType's output, in
order
to spot differences automatically.

I'm however currently blocked because there seems to be no way to retrieve the
path
of an installed font file on Windows from its "logical font name". Does anyone
has
any idea on how to deal with this ?

In the meantime, I encourage you to test the CVS code, and report any
discrepancies
or improvements that would strike you. Note that this doesn't solve certain
problems
(like extraneous pixels in the '8' or Verdana at size 11pt/72dpi, which don't
appear
on Windows due to a bug in its rasterizer)