Re: [ft-devel] Cache

From: huels
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] Cache
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2006 05:34:29 -0700 (PDT)

Hello David,

thanks for your answer. I need this. I wrote a library for drawing text in a
qnx system that uses the freetype framework. This library is used by several
processes, so it makes no sense that every process have its own cache. Now I
use 3 Shared Memory objects. One for a structure like FT_Glyph, one for the
bitmap data and one that saves the position of the bitmap data. I developed
something like malloc on a Shared Memory object.
The Shared Memory objects are working good, now I expend this by a Semaphore
for synchronisation. I hope the performance will be acceptable.

Regards, Stephan
Sent from the Freetype - Dev forum at Nabble.com.