Re: [ft-devel] ftview/ftstring segfault with -e unic

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] ftview/ftstring segfault with -e unic
Date: Sat, 13 May 2006 21:54:37 +0200 (CEST)

> I'm using ftview/ftstring in ft2demos-2.2.1 to preview fonts. In
> most of the cases it works fine, but when I try to use it with some
> OpenType fonts like KozMinProVI-Regular.otf provided by Adobe Reader
> Asian Fonts Pack (which is freely available from adobe.com).

I currently don't have the bandwidth to download this...

> For example:
>
> ./ftview -e unic ppem KozMinProVI-Regular.otf
>
> The window suddenly disappears with "Segmentation fault" as output.

Please provide a backtrace, this is, say

  gdb --args ftview -e unic <ppem> <font>

then press `r' to start the program.  After the crash, please type
`bt' (within the debugger) and send us the output.  Alternatively, you
can run `valgrind' to find the problematic spot...