Re: [ft-devel] compilation broken if !FT_OPTIMIZE_MEMORY

From: David Turner
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] compilation broken if !FT_OPTIMIZE_MEMORY
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2006 15:43:59 +0200

Hi Werner,

Werner LEMBERG a écrit :
Undefining FT_OPTIMIZE_MEMORY with the CVS of today leads to a bunch
of errors.  The compiler log starts as below.

David, plesae fix this -- unfortunately, it's a non-trivial operation
due to FT_CONFIG_OPTION_OLD_INTERNALS...

I'm not going to fix this, because FT_OPTIMIZE_MEMORY has always been a transitional
macro that was going to disappear anyway. That's why it's not called
FT_CONFIG_OPTION_OPTIMIZE_MEMORY instead :-)

The reason I was using the macro was to be able to perform cheap comparisons when profiling heap usage. I don't think this is needed anymore, so the macro could as well
disappear.

Regards,

- David

src/truetype/ttpload.c: In function `tt_face_load_loca':
src/truetype/ttpload.c:216: error:
  structure has no member named `num_locations'