Re: [ft-devel] performance on FreeType actions

From: David Turner
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] performance on FreeType actions
Date: Mon, 03 Apr 2006 17:55:08 +0200

rperez a écrit :
Hi there,
I am using ImageMagick library to render text on an image. ImageMagick uses
FreeType to perform this action. I have a question about three actions in
terms of performance (are they "heavy actions"?).
1) FT_Attach_File - does it read from disk?
Yes
2) FT_Load_Glyph - does it read from disk?
Yes
3) FT_Init_FreeType - is it heavy (this is done in the ImageMagick library
for each rendering)?

Not heavy performance wise, but allocates memory.

The biggest performance issues will be with FT_New_Face and FT_Load_Glyph

Hope this helps,

- David Turner

Thanks in advance,
Ronen.