Re: [ft-devel] Fourth Release candidate for 2.2

From: Dave Behnke
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] Fourth Release candidate for 2.2
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2006 16:27:32 -0800 (PST)

I integrated this build into my project and ran into a minor problem in trying to use an arial truetype font.  Lines 171 - 173 of \src\sfnt\ttmtx.c, in the tt_face_load_hmtx method look like this:

    if ( FT_QNEW_ARRAY( *longs,  num_longs  ) ||
         FT_QNEW_ARRAY( *shorts, num_shorts ) )
      goto Fail;

The problem is that my font has all 1673 long format metrics and 0 short format so the second call to FT_QNEW_ARRAY gets 0 as its second argument.  This causes it throw an invalid parameter error.  I'm not exactly sure what the intention was but I think all long or all short formats should be valid.

Dave Behnke
Retail Technology Solutions, Inc.