Re: [ft-devel] Third Release candidate for FT 2.2 available

From: Steve Langasek
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] Third Release candidate for FT 2.2 available
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2006 01:01:28 -0800

On Sun, Mar 05, 2006 at 11:26:52PM -0800, Steve Langasek wrote:
> - gimp segfaults in pango_fc_font_create_metrics_for_context(); this version
>   of pango is built against freetype 2.1.10, but it's pango 1.10.3 and that
>   was reported to be new enough that it no longer uses the freetype internal
>   APIs?

Follow-up on this one: the segfault happens even if libfontconfig1 and
libpango1.0-0 are both rebuilt against freetype 2.2rc4 (using the fontconfig
2.3.2 patch from http://www.freetype.org/freetype2/patches/rogue-patches.html).
Score!

Still digging into it, but it evidently isn't just an issue of ABI skew
between 2.1.7 and 2.2rc4.

address@hidden                                   http://www.debian.org/