Re: [ft-devel] Relevance of new API FT_Get_Module_Flags ?

From: George Williams
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] Relevance of new API FT_Get_Module_Flags ?
Date: 22 Feb 2006 10:54:11 -0800

On Wed, 2006-02-22 at 07:21, Werner LEMBERG wrote:
> > > If this function's purpose is to determine wether the bytecode
> > > interpreter is activated in a given FreeType build, I'd rather
> > > like to see a specific API that returns a boolean, or an enum,
> > > instead
> >
> > Can't you avoid even that by using dlopen(NULL) to give you a handle
> > to the current image and then use dlsym to see if TT_Run_Ins exists?
> > Or does that not port to other systems?
>
> This won't work with static builds of the library.
Yes it will. At least on linux. I said dlopen(NULL) not
dlopen("libfreetype.so"). dlopen(NULL) will give you a handle you can
use to check any symbol in the current linked image which (presumably)
includes the static library.

But it relies on knowledge of the internals of freetype, and I realize
that's not a good thing. So never mind.