Re: [ft-devel] about freetype-1.3.1 compile issue

From: mpsuzuki
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] about freetype-1.3.1 compile issue
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2006 14:28:03 +0900

Hi

Just I've built libttf.a successfully. Following is my procedure:

0. install autoconf-2.54
        I suppose older (2.52 etc) can work,
        but I don't know the lowest version.

1. unpack freetype-1.3.1

2. fix freetype-1.3.1/configure.in
        remove the line "AC_REQUIRE([AC_PROG_MAKE_SET])"
        which newer autoconf cannot handle correctly.

3. rebuild configure by "autoconf -I ."

4. configure for cross building
        ./configure \
                --disable-shared --enable-static \
                --host=arm-uclibc-linux --build=arm-linux

5. check the compiler is arm-uclibc-linux-gcc, instead of gcc.

6. make

Regards,
mpsuzuki