Re: [ft-devel] BUG-REPORT: Verdana 10px regular and character '7'

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] BUG-REPORT: Verdana 10px regular and character '7'
Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2006 09:55:25 +0100 (CET)

[Chia-Yi, please also add comments to the corresponding savannah bug
report.]

> > There is bug in freetype: look at
> > http://mbox.troja.mff.cuni.cz/~peak/ftdemo/index.cgi and set
> > hinting :on, antialiasing:off,font:verdana.ttf,size:10 and text to
> > 0123456789 or something else what containts character 7 and look
> > at "7". The downest pixel is missing.
>
> There is no such problem with freetype 2.1.10.

I think this is not correct.  If you say

  ftview -r 96 10 verdana.ttf

with the current CVS (having activated the bytocode interpreter), and
you switch off anti-aliasing, you get exactly what he is reporting.

I suspect a problem with verdana.ttf relying on the `buggy' Windows
TrueType engine which does strange rounding.