Re: [ft-devel] MacOS-specific API regression test tool

From: mpsuzuki
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] MacOS-specific API regression test tool
Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2006 09:56:40 +0900

happy new year!

On Wed, 04 Jan 2006 18:15:08 +0100 (CET)
Werner LEMBERG <address@hidden> wrote:
>> Before posting jumbo patch for ftmac.c to fix deprecated FileManager
>> & FontManager API issue, here is a dirty new year gift: small tool
>> for regression-test of MacOS specific APIs.
>
>What about adding this to the CVS?  Probably not building it by
>default, but for reference.

Thank you! I will add ftoldmac.c (any better name?)
to ft2demos/mac/, and write ft2demos/mac/Makefile
(for MacOS X) to build ftoldmac in the directory.
I've already finished MPW makefile for m68k MacOS,
and checked it works as expected.

BTW, yet I've not checked if ftview_m.c, ftlint_m.c
are ft2demos/mac/ are still usable. MacOS GUI application
cannot receive argc/argv, so Just van Rossum wrote
a hook to pass essential data via GUI menu. At present,
it seems that only CodeWarrior target is prepared
(no MPW targets are written). But, if these programs
are executed via MPW shell, they can receive argc/argv.
I think such are easier to maintain, because it will
be almost platform independent. The left issue is that
"how to display graphical results" by ftview & ftstring.
I think, if they are enabled to work as fully commandline
tool, they will be easier to maintain.

I remember, a volunteer was wanted to add PNM output
to ftstring, in Werner's post: