RE: [ft-devel] Freetype on Mac uses deprecated functions

From: Christian Demmer
Subject: RE: [ft-devel] Freetype on Mac uses deprecated functions
Date: Mon, 05 Sep 2005 11:19:07 +0200

Turner, David wrote:
>The Jamfiles located in the FreeType source directories are written
>for the standard version of Jam, that handles among lots of other operating
>systems, both MacOS and OS X. See http://www.perforce.com/jam/jam.html.

Interesting, I didn't know there is Jam for MPW.

>By the way, I'd be interested to know the exact version of Jam that comes
>with 10.4. Did they upgrade it ? To know that, simply type "jam -v" or
>"jam -?" on the command line.

g4c:~ chris$ /Developer/Private/jam -v
Jam/MR  Version 2.2.1.  Copyright 1993, 1997 Christopher Seiwald.
with Apple ProjectBuilder Extensions

Btw. and totally off topic; I never used Jam myself. Do you know of
the top of your head if Jam can handle the situation where a compiler
produces two output files from one source file on which further
compilation depends? This happens with symbol files in Wirth style
languages and make can't handle this.

Greetings, Christian