Re: [ft-devel] Freetype on Mac uses deprecated functions

From: Christian Demmer
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] Freetype on Mac uses deprecated functions
Date: Sat, 03 Sep 2005 16:42:31 +0200

address@hidden wrote:
>Excuse me, please let me ask fundamental question: MPW or CodeWarrior
>are required to compile ftmac.c?

Not necessarily. It depends on your target OS and runtime environment
ABI. If you want OS 9 (CFM) then you need MPW or Codewarrior. OS X can
run CFM (MPW/Codewarrior) or Mach-O produced by gcc or Codewarrior?
(not sure, I don't use Codewarrior).

> There are 3 building control files
>in FreeType tree:
>
>* freetype2/builds/mac/freetype.make   is for MPW

MPW is a shell with makefiles but the makefiles are different from Unix.

>* freetype2/builds/mac/ftlib.prj       is for CodeWarrior
>* freetype2/base/Jamfile               is cross platform,
>                                       but ftmac.c is quoted for MPW
Not sure here either. I think Jamfiles were used in ProjectBuilder some
time ago, that means OS X/gcc -> Mach-O environment.

>Could I compile ftmac.c via UNIX style configure/make process?

Yes, but only on OS X targeting Mach-O.

Hope this helps, Christian