[ft-devel] TT_MAX_COMPOSITE_RECURSE

From: George Williams
Subject: [ft-devel] TT_MAX_COMPOSITE_RECURSE
Date: 28 Aug 2005 21:04:34 -0700

src/truetype/ttgload.c: says
        /* Maximum recursion depth we allow for composite glyphs.
         * The TrueType spec doesn't say anything about recursion,
         * so it isn't clear that recursion is allowed at all. But
         * we'll be generous.
         */
        #define TT_MAX_COMPOSITE_RECURSE 5
This value is used to specify the maximum depth allowed to which
composite glyphs may be nested.

But the truetype spec does talk about this, it's a field in maxp
maxComponentDepth. So I suggest the following patch:

(True, there aren't many fonts with composites nested 5 deep, but
someone gave me one)