Re: [ft-devel] randomly corrupting tests

From: George Williams
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] randomly corrupting tests
Date: 26 Aug 2005 15:14:52 -0700

On Fri, 2005-08-26 at 05:44, Werner LEMBERG wrote:
> > I seem to remember talk about testing FreeType on randomly corrupted
> > fonts; has any work on this been done?
>
> AFAIK, George has started with some work.  For my part, I've done
> nothing, alas.
I have a little program which
        makes a copy of a font file
        changes a random byte to a random value (optionally more than 1)
        passes the result to fontforge and makes sure ff can handle
                it without crashing.

I believe I modified the program to pass the font to the freetype font
loader, and posted it to this list. I never ran any significant tests on
freetype.

(I have used it on fontforge and found a number of flaws in it)

Ah yes, I sent my message on 10 Feb 2005 with subject: "Re: [ft-devel]
tests". I can resend it if anyone likes.