RE: [ft-devel] unresolved external symbol _otv_module_class

From: Turner, David
Subject: RE: [ft-devel] unresolved external symbol _otv_module_class
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2005 13:54:55 +0200

Hello,

As explained previously, the 'otvalid' module cannot be
compiled as found in 2.1.10 because we're using legal
C preprocessing tricks that are not supported by the
Visual C++ compiler.

In case you're interested by this module, you can check
out the current CVS version, since I've recently commited
a fix to the source code (we're still using the preprocessor,
but with different subtle tricks :-) which now compiles
normally.

Another possibility, as suggested is to simply not compile
it and remove its reference from <freetype/config/ftmodule.h>

Regarding the FT_EXPORT thing: the source code is by default
agnostic to ABI conventions, which means you shouldn't need
to change anything in it (unless you'd want to produce a
DLL).

I suppose that the __fastcall default comes from the project
file you've been using to build the library. In this case,
just switching the project's "calling convention" setting to
__cdecl should be enough.

Hope this helps,

- David Turner