[ft-devel] Freetype Api compatibility is broken

From: Ismail Donmez
Subject: [ft-devel] Freetype Api compatibility is broken
Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2005 23:04:46 +0300

Hi,

I have some app with code like this:

[...]

static int glyphPathMoveTo(FT_Vector *pt, void *path) {
  ((SplashPath *)path)->moveTo(pt->x / 64.0, -pt->y / 64.0);
  return 0;
}

[....]

  static FT_Outline_Funcs outlineFuncs = {
    &glyphPathMoveTo,
    &glyphPathLineTo,
    &glyphPathConicTo,
    &glyphPathCubicTo,
    0, 0
  };

this code no longer compiles with freetype from cvs because of the "const"
patch that applied. I had to change toplevel function into:

static int glyphPathMoveTo(const FT_Vector *pt, void *path) {
  ((SplashPath *)path)->moveTo(pt->x / 64.0, -pt->y / 64.0);
  return 0;
}

to make it compile but then it won't compile with old freetype. Whats your
suggestion in this? I thought Freetype supposed to maintain a stable api for
minor releases, maybe this is no longer the case?

Regards,
ismail

--
They say people don't believe in heroes anymore