Re: [Devel] Kerning problem with capitals

From: Alexei Podtelezhnikov
Subject: Re: [Devel] Kerning problem with capitals
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2004 07:06:46 -0800 (PST)

Oh, it's the kerning again...

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=freetype-devel&m=108638813608900&w=2

... and again I feel like arguing that freetype needs to start providing
full string rendering. The image of the string is NOT a simple sequence
of the glyph images. Freetype can deal with it intelligently, but the
infrustructure is hidden away from developers for the sake of binary
compatibility.

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?t=108688318300001&r=1&w=2&n=7

Thus, it is complicated and nobody will ever use it. Freetype is stuck
with bad kerning until the forementioned is taken care of even at the
price of binary compatibility. Correct me if I am wrong.

Alexei