[Devel] encoding problem...

From: ODY
Subject: [Devel] encoding problem...
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2004 08:43:24 +0000

Hi all,

I'm reading in an XML file encoded in UFT-8. It's got German characters in it
like ö, ä and ü. When I print it out to std::cout it displays the characters
right, if I pass it through Freetype and display it on a 3D-surface I get
strange characters on the screen, where the German characters should appear.

I found something about the problem on the web. It looks like the UTF-8 bytes
are interpreted as ISO-8859-1. That makes an "ä" to an "ä" what appears on
the screen. I got no idea how to solve this, so any help is appreciated...

Thank you in advance...

ODY