Re: [Devel] Re: djgpp and uppercase vs. lowercase file names

From: Antoine Leca
Subject: Re: [Devel] Re: djgpp and uppercase vs. lowercase file names
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2004 19:11:00 +0100

On Tuesday, November 23, 2004 07:04Z, Werner LEMBERG va escriure:

>> Its seems that the most reliable method is to look at the OS
>> environment variable: if it is set and its value is "Windows_NT",
>> then use cmd.exe, otherwise use command.com.  I tested this on W2K,
>> XP, and Windows 98.  So this is my recommendation.
>
> Thanks.  I'll use that.  In summary, if Windows_NT is set, say
>
>   cmd.exe /c copy
>
> otherwise just use `copy'.

I have updated it. Werner only covered the straightforward case of using
make out of the box, I added the following cases:

 - when one uses 'make setup win32'

 - copied the change into the 'dos' tree, so it works for DJGPP on 2000/XP
too (it was the original request ;-))

Based on the discussions we had, I have also enforced the detection of the
dos platform when one use plain DOS without 9X GUI.

I have basically tested it under 2000 and 95b (with and without GUI), using
both DJGPP and MingW builds of make (sorry, no XP in sight). Works OK for
me, so please test.
Particularly, for Cavit Cahit VURAL, I believe you can now give it a try on
XP (use CVS or wait a few hours and download tonight's snapshot at
ftp://ftp.freetype.org/freetype/unstable/freetype2-current.tar.gz). Please
delete the file CONFIG.MK that you presently have to force redetection.
Please report any problem.

Finally, big kudos to Eli Zaretskii for its definitive help.

Antoine